Monday, May 25, 2009

Another Project

We FINALLY got some yard work done. Our yard is so difficult because of the hill, the septic system, and a trillion rocks that its just so expensive to do anything! But this year we promised ourselves to do one part of it, then next year we will do another section and so on. BUT, since the girls got a trampoline this year for Christmas we needed to get an area ready for that. Here are the dramatic before and after pic's. We love it and have been out there every day this beautiful weekend just jumping on the trampoline, playing in a new sand box and soaking up the sun! The girls just love the trampoline and that is all they want to do. It's the first thing Kai asks to do when she wakes up in the morning and from a nap. We had such a fun weekend playing at home with each other and our friends, what a great holiday weekend!


BEFORE!
After the tractor got it ready for gravel.

AFTER!


Silly Girls.
Austin will build a retaining wall with bricks over on the right side where the side of the hill was dug out.... plus a few other things we are still doing with gravel for a swing set etc... It looks great, but still has a lot of work left to do, but a great start!


6 comments:

Carly said...

Wow, that's quite the backyard! I am jealous, and can't wait until we have a house of our own to dump money into as well! Also, is that a different kind of trampoline? The springs look different than others that I've seen. Regardless, looks like fun!

Ginny & Devan said...

It looks like your kids are stuck in a cage :)

Great job on getting your house stuff done!

Brittany and Bud Morrow said...

Hey Buffy! It's Brittany (Karen's daughter). Karen told me last night that you had a blog and showed me the floor she did for you. It's beautiful! And BTW, I love trapolines! The kids love it and it wares them out! It's a win-win! Feel free to check out our blog, brittanyandbud.blogspot.com. I have you guys on my list now, so I can tune in! Take care!

Brittany and Bud Morrow said...

ok, you totaly do not need to buy one off me! I can just send on to you and give you the directions on how I make them and then you can do whatever you want with them! I'd like to know how to make the ones you made, just for some veriety! I can get you the website on where to buy the clips in bulk too. I don't know if you might have a place up there or not, but I couldn't find ANY aligator clips in ANY store down here. Crazy. But that's ok, cause they were super cheap online! I'll get your address from Karen and send you some cute ones! They are so easy to make and way cheap. Nylons at 25 cents each, can't beat that!

Robert and Lindsay said...

hey buffy! i would tottaly LOVE for you to come out! we heart visitors! just let me know! tell your family hi!

Karlee Turner said...

Buff, You need to call me. I left you a message a couple days ago...not acceptable. And please leave your home number for me because I only have your cell. Thank you.