Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Tyler's Kinder Graduation!

I still remember her first day of Kindergarten and even though she has been going all year, I still sometimes choke up when I drop her off at school. It's been a hard transition for me to "let her go". I miss her every day and it seems like she is gone forever, but she LOVES it and she has learned so much this year. To be honest, I had all these horrible ideas and thoughts about public school and the bad rep public school gets, but I have been blown away at how much Tyler has learned this year and how fast she is learning. I love her school, the teachers, secretaries, and principal. I have been very impressed and happy with her education experience so far.

She had her graduation celebration tonight and it was just adorable! They kinders put on a performance for us. They sang a lot of songs about that they have learned this year, and then we watched a video of pictures from throughout the year. It was just adorable to watch these little kinders and, sorry, but especially Tyler! That little girl was so happy to perform and has been talking about it for days! She had a very important part of signing and singing her ABC's, and she did a terrific job! She was just so darn cute up on stage and we are so proud of our little kindergartner, but now she is moving on, and I can no longer say that I have a kinder (as the tears start). I have a feeling that the first few weeks of 1st grade will be hard for me when dropping her off again. I just can't believe how fast she is growing and learning. We love and adore her to pieces and we could not be any prouder parents of our little girl!






1 comment:

Nyla Gregory said...

Loved the Kinder pictures. How very adorable - made me emotional too. You know how much we love you by how much you love her. Time marches on and before you know it - you'll be posting pics of her wedding day. Enjoy the moments - you know it's really amazing in retrospect how very little 'one on one' time you get with your child as they grow up. You're both amazing parents and we are so proud of you. Kudos - parenting is the world's most challenging and rewarding job. Love you!