Monday, July 6, 2009

Great Weekend!


This 4th of July was great! It all started off with my 5K run in Tumwater which was the first running race I had ever entered. My goal is to run at least the half marathon (maybe full marathon) in Seattle in November, so I thought I would start at a 5K level and work my way up. Well, my goal was to just finish this race and not to come in dead last, but to my surprise, I did more than finish, I actually came in 1st place for Women! Now, don't get me wrong, this was no HUGE race with thousands of runners or anything, but regardless, I was pleasantly surprised and a little proud of myself! I actually got a nice plaque and ribbon. I guess this means I will keep training and move on up to a 10K. I do like running, but I don't want to get obsessive about it, so I will continue to run for enjoyment and stress release and I may enter a race here and there for fun.
NEXT we had a huge neighborhood BBQ in our court and it was a blast! We had so many people here and lots of food, fun and games! The kids played on the trampoline and in our new little blow up pool. We had pinatas, sparklers, basketball games, rodeo golf and we ended the night with an awesome firework show put on by Austin. It was a great 4th of July!




4 comments:

Brittany and Bud Morrow said...

Way to go!! That's awesome! And good for you that you enjoy running so much. I use to be addicted to it, and then I don't know what happened, but I'm planning on getting back into it after Izzy is here. Glad to see you guys are doing well!

Kim & Clay said...

you look like such a skinny butt! Congrats on the race - that is SO cool! PS I need your phone number. the one I have for you is wrong. So if you want to find out what I am having - email me your number!!

Christie said...

WOW! That is AWESOME! Lizzy, you are amazing. You must have caught that Lewis competitive spirit...nah...you had it already.

Anonymous said...

GREAT JOB on placing 1st!!! That's awesome!!!!!