Friday, September 18, 2009

Sushi Night!


Austin and I LOVE sushi and could eat it for every meal, except its very costly, so unfortunately we rarely get it. We have been wanting to make it ourselves for a while now and we finally scheduled a day for it and invited some neighbors over to enjoy with us! We were very apprehensive since we have never done this before and had no idea what to expect. Austin went to a few different places in Tacoma and found some great sushi grade fish. He purchased tuna, salmon, and tilapia. I got the "fixins", shrimp, avocados, carrots, cucumbers, etc.. and I attempted to make the rice, which by the way, is more difficult than I thought, with a few ingredients I have never used before! And Austin was the "Master Sushi Chef". He did such a great job and the sushi was the best I have EVER had! It was sooo delicious and everyone really loved it. It was so fresh and light. Austin really came into his role a master sushi chef and enjoyed making his creations. It was a huge success and we will absolutely be doing it again in the future. We would recommend it to any sushi lover, as the cost was WAY cheaper than a restaurant and fresh and better tasting!
Thanks Dear for making such great Sushi!






4 comments:

Lindsey, J.D. said...

That is so cool!! I am infinitely impressed. Looks like a ton of fun. It must be good if you can say it's the best sushi you've ever had!! Too bad I'm not allowed to crave sushi while I'm pregnant. :(

Ginny & Devan said...

That looks wonderful!!! The next time you guys are down here I think Austin should make me Sushi :)

Anonymous said...

Wow - I am impressed!!

Kim & Clay said...

Yeah you're gonna have to make some of that sushi for me someday when your visit (and after this pregnancy is over.) Yum!