Thursday, March 25, 2010

I did it!

I officially signed up for the half-marathon in Olympia for May 16th! I also have a great new running coach/friend who has written up a training schedule for me and is doing all my long runs with me. These next 7 weeks will be hard training, but I am ready! I already completed my longest run yet, 13 miles, last weekend and I did speed work yesterday. I have always hated speed work and I have always hated training schedules, but something in me has changed and I want to go as prepared as possible to this half-marathon, so I can get a good idea of how I might do for the full marathon that I hope to do in October.
The October marathon is in St George, Utah and my hopes, dreams, and goals are to qualify for Boston at that marathon. I am officially inviting all who want to sign up in my group for St George marathon to let me know as sign-ups are April 1st! I am so excited that my mother-in-law, Lynn, is going to sign up with me and my friend here in WA, Sally, is going to sign up as well. So, wish me luck with my training, and pray that my feet will cooperate with me!!

3 comments:

Carly said...

Way to go, Buff! Half-marathons are so fun, and I love that you have such great goals. You are awesome! Keep it up.

Cody and Kendra Schmidt said...

Good luck! Hey sounds like we might even be out there to see you run.

Lindsay said...

Wow Buffy I admire your running! I have gotta be the worst runner ever! Your pictures below of the mountain are sooo pretty. And your girls are so darling!