Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Funny Story!




I have to start by saying that Kai is being a terrible sleeper at night for some reason right now and has been over this last couple weeks. She wakes up at night and just screams soooo loud until I go in her room and all she wants me to do is lay her back down and cover her, then she goes right back to sleep for a little while then does it again. She usually does this 2 to 3 times at night, just enough to be really annoying right after I get back to sleep. So, last night I decided that I have had enough and I was going to just let her cry all night if she had to, I was NOT going in her room and she has to learn to not wake up anymore. So, I turned off the baby monitor and let her scream, and boy did she scream, and for a long time, but eventually she did stop and go back to sleep . Then this morning as Austin was doing his morning routine of tucking his girls into bed and making sure they are covered and ok before he goes to work, he noticed something funny in Kai's crib. So, he came and woke me up and said, "why is Kai's crib filled with stuffed animals and why are you giving her stuffed animals in the night"?. I started laughing and said, you think I did that? Yup, sure enough there was Tyler's chair by her crib and she had gotten up at night when Kai was crying and tried to help her by giving her stuffed animals. When I asked Tyler about it this morning, she said " Kai was just crying, crying, crying, so I tried to make her happy" Oh my... even though this is so funny, I thought it was so sweet of Tyler to try and help her sister in the night, she never even came into our room, she tried to do it by herself. So, I had to take pic's so I could remember this time... you can see Tyler's chair in the 2nd pic by her crib.

6 comments:

Amber said...

So cute! Tyler is such a sweetheart!

The Allred's said...

Hey Buffy! Your family is so beautiful! You all look like you are doing well and are so happy! I am so glad we can keep in touch now! I am new to the blog thing and don't update much, but I will get there! I check others' out all the time though! My e-mail is brynallred@yahoo.com if you want to chit chat!

Carly said...

what cute girls! I love it!

Karlee Turner said...

That is SO cute! Tyler is a doll! I can't believe she took it upon herself to help her sister feel better! That is too funny!

Robyn Reynolds said...

Girls are so sweet! That is the cutest story.

Anonymous said...

That is adorable! When I would cry when I was little, my brothers would throw things at me, not comfort me!