Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day






I am having the BEST Mother's Day. Austin got up with Kai when she woke up in the morning, so I could sleep in and he made me breakfast in bed and told me to stay in the bedroom until he said I could come downstairs. Then Tyler came and got me and said I could come down now and I saw my presents! We have been paying layaway on some VERY nice pots and pans from Kitchen Kraft for 2 years now and finally paid them off and Austin had them waiting for me to open. I love them and I will love cooking in them for my family. I also got the most adorable apron from my mother-in-law (Christie), and Tyler and Kai got matching aprons as well. They are so cute and Tyler's loves to help me cook, so it's just perfect. I also got a jogging stroller (which I have had for a couple weeks now, I could not wait to open that), and I have been jogging every day with the girls. They love to ride in it and its a GREAT workout for me. It's amazing how small my girls are, but pushing them up a hill in that jogger while running is a good burn to buttocks! I used to go jogging at night after they when to bed, so its great for me to go during the day with them and we usually jog to the park and while the girls play I do pull ups on the monkey bars and dips off the bench, and I stretch (people do look at me funny).

So, I have to say its been a great day so far and it's still early. I can't wait to use my new and anxiously awaited pots and pans and apron.

I also have to give a shout out to MY mom because she is just absolutely the BEST mom in the world! I have learned so much from her and she has been the best example for a great mom. I love you Mom and Happy Mother's Day! I am also so lucky to have 3 great Mother-in-laws that have been so wonderful to me and I am grateful for their examples and everything they do for me as well!!

Happy Mother's Day to ALL you Mom's!

7 comments:

Karlee Turner said...

Nice pan set!! That's awesome! And I'm sure you love the jogging stroller...that's going to be a must purchase for me when I have a child!! I'm glad you had a great Mother's Day!

Lindsay said...

Cute pictures! It sounds like you had a great mothers day. I love the matching aprons, so cute! And the jogging stroller looks so nice. I would love to get one of those!

Robyn Reynolds said...

That is a good mothers day! What a good husband. Thanks so much for writing me back about your job. I really appreciate it!

Marci*Jake said...

Happy Mother's Day a couple days ago. It is so fun to be a mom isn't it? I just love it. Your new play room looks great! I can't wait until I can have a house like that. That pan set is super awesome too, how fun. When are you going to Utah? I will be there from June 19- July 14.

Popi and Noni said...

LIZ and AUSTIN! WOW!
We loved reading your blog! What an amazing little family, and we love you oodles. We can't wait to see you all (and that awesome room and your beautiful house) this summer.
Hugs to you, Tyler and Kai,
Love, Noni and Popi

Anonymous said...

I'm SO jealous of your pans! And your baby jogger...not that I really need one, but still! That's awesome!

Tara said...

ok Your family is so cute, we need to get together and go to Schloskys like the good old day!