Monday, June 9, 2008

My Parent's Visit





This is a pretty spare of the moment visit for my parents, but it was so nice to see them.

My Dad called me Saturday morning and said " So, uh, do you want us to come visit you this weekend" I replied (still halfway sleeping) "Uh sure..." I am thinking who died and what is going on? my dad then said "ok, we will be there at 5:00 tonight" I paused for a minute and said "really, um ok". Don't get me wrong, I love having family or friends come visit us, but this was just last minute and totally by surprise. So, after working out the arrangements of when to pick them up at the airport, I immedialty got out of bed and started washing sheets, towels, cleaning their bathroom and getting the house clean. Actually, is was a great weekend for my family to come visit because we didn't have any plans and I had already cleaned my house a little bit and gone grocery shopping, so I didn't go too crazy with anxiety.


We picked them up Saturday night at the airport and all went to Rain Forest Cafe for dinner. The girls loved the restaurant after the initial shock of being a little scared by the lightning storms and gorillas etc.. but it was a fun restaurant with ok food and very enertaining for the girls. We got to sit right next to the elephants and Tyler really loved that. She was funny because she would ask about every animal and if was going to "move". She enjoyed the elephants when they turned their head and blinked their eyes, but I don't think she wanted the big gorillas to move.


Then on Sunday we had a big breakfast and went to church and had a relaxing evening with a walk around the lakes in my community. And on Monday morning we went fishing, but sadly we did not catch anything. The neighborhood boys always come home with so many fish and I even went to their good spots, but I guess there was no luck for us.


Tyler and my Dad went for many nature walks together, we played games, talked, and had good meals, so we had a really good time together and it was a great visit.


I love you Mom and Dad! Thanks for the fun weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! I love your parents! It's fun to see them at church. Well, I haven't seen you mom actually. But your dad is as great as ever!

Lindsay said...

Oh fun! I love your parents! The pictures are so cute!