Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas in Cali

This Christmas we went to California to be with some family. We did the long drive, and thankfully we had a smooth drive there and back without any problems. First we stayed with Austin's Mom, Karen, or Opie as the grandkids call her. She just bought a new house and she had been busy trying to get it ready for visitors. It was fun, but very chaotic with a brand new baby just home form the hospital (Cody and Kendra's), a new puppy Garrett was getting for Christmas, our family of 4, plus a few days later Jesse, Tara, and Bella.. it was a full house! We all had a great time together and enjoyed the new little addition to the family, Baby Blaze. We spend Christmas Eve and Christmas morning there, then we headed to Scotts Valley to Richard and Lynn's (Poppi and Noni) house. And we spent the next couple days with them playing games, watching movies and of course I got in a run with Lynn and Tara on some beautiful trails with Redwood Tree's.
Tyler is at a fun stage right now with Christmas and it was so fun for me to watch her excitement and anticipation for Santa Clause. And Kai was an amazing present opener and had no problems tearing the presents open as fast as she could!
It was so nice to have everyone together and spend time helping Kendra with her new baby, playing lost of games, running every day, and eating lots of food!
We had a wonderful Christmas and I am grateful for so many things this year and I know we are truly blessed with wonderful family and friends. I am grateful to be home safe from the long car trip and to have our warm house to come home to. After we got home, we opened a few more presents from other family and parents and the emotion was so strong that I couldn't help but cry because of how grateful I am for such loving parents and in-laws. Tyler asked why I was crying, so Austin and I had a long talk with her about how some children don't have as much as she has and that we need to always be grateful and give back. I told her that I was crying because of how happy I am and that is the truth, I am happy, healthy, and incredibly blessed. Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and enjoy the New Year!


This was taken at Karen's house in Oakley, CA


Bella and Kai... two peas in a pod. Kai likes to "mother" Bella, and treat her like a baby, but it's funny because they are almost the same size.





Who cares about presents, the boxes and bows are the Best part!


New baby Blaze with Richard and Lynn.


Decorating the Christmas tree at Opie's house. The boys went through some of their past ornaments that they made when they were kids.. it was fun to listen to their stories that went along with an ornament.

Uncle Garrett read, The Night Before Christmas, and the three little girls just adore their Uncle Garrett!

Playing a new game Tyler got from Popi and Noni.

Then, of course the Men have to turn a 3 year old's game into a heated competition.


Tyler and Kai in their new twirly skirts from Grandma and Grandpa Gregory. They have only taken them off to go to bed since they opened them 2 days ago.

2 comments:

Christie said...

So very fun to see the pictures and imagine all the fun and love! Can't wait until WE get to see you!

Danna said...

Buffy- Cute pics. Adam and I like the one where the kids are trying to fit IN the boxes. Classic. Love it. I heard you are running 8 min miles on long runs- you are so fast! How did you get the fast genes? I'd like to qualify for Boston someday, but I think you could just naturally do it. You are amazing. I have been really running hard and carefully shoosing the days I pig out because I am almost desperate to be a size 6 by my 35th birthday. I actually think I might be short by 3 or 4 pounds but oh well. You know we are all running the Salt Lake half marathon- mom, me, ksenia, maybe Katie and Jena. MY friend Kristin and her husband. Wish you could come run with us....... Love you, miss you, glad you had a nice Christmas. DL