Saturday, April 19, 2008

Lewis Family Visit!






I had my in-laws here this weekend and I just have to say that we had a great visit, (despite the not so good weather). I love when family comes to visit us and my girls love Grammy and Grandpa and Aunt Katie too! We started off the visit at the lake and playground in our neighborhood and I decided that Christie, Katie , Tyler and I would walk home on the beautiful trails that go throughout my neighborhood while the men and Kai drove home. Well, little did I know that the way we went would come to a dead end about a mile later..... oops. so we had to turn around and head back another mile where we started, but we were still a long way from home and there is no cell phone coverage at my house, so I had to knock on some nice lady's door and ask her if I could use the telephone to call my husband and tell him I was lost.... Austin was not too pleased with me, but did come get pick us up. Despite it all, we got some great exercise!

Then on Thursday, Christie and Katie took my place at Tyler's pre-school as the "parent helper" that I was signed up for and Tyler thought that was just the greatest and has so much fun with them there. Kai had a nice time with Grandpa at home and got some needed rest. That evening we all went to watch Tyler's gymnastics lesson and cheer her on, it was fun to have them there and that they got to watch the little gymnast in training!

Friday we went to the famous Puyallup spring fair (even with rain, snow, and hail coming down, anything BUT spring). If anyone has been to a fair, this is the cream of the crop, in deed the best fair in the Country. It was so much fun to just be with everyone and we had a good time together. We saw all the animals and the exhibits and I got some good lessons from Chrisite about what to plant in my yard for some landscaping. Then we went to dinner ta my favorite restaurant "The Keg". I know the name throws you off, but its a very nice, fine dining steakhouse. The food was delicious, and even though the kids were sooo tired, we had an enjoyable dinner.

Overall, I loved the visit and it was sad to say goodbye. Thanks Grammy and Grandpa for such a great time and for Katie who we always love having around. And I just have to say to Lindsey and Joe that we missed you and thought about you a lot, wish you were here, but good luck with all the studies and hard work.

We love you guys!!

4 comments:

Amber said...

How fun! I'm thinking I need to make a trip up there...

Lindsey, J.D. said...

That sounds like so much fun! I am jealous for sure. I miss everyone - including my adorable nieces!! Wouldn't it be fun to make a trip out there. Eventually ....

Lindsay said...

Fun pictures! Looks like you had a great time!

Joe, D.D.S. said...

Thanks for the shout-out!