Monday, September 1, 2008

Alaska






Ok, Ok, Ok......

Its been a long time, but I have been so crazy busy this summer and I have just had no time to blog, but hopefully I can get back on track and start up again.
So, where do I begin about our summer? Well, I thought I would have this post be all about our latest adventure to Alaska on a cruise!
I went with all my brothers and sisters and their spouses and my Mom and Dad. My Dad wanted to give this vacation to us as his retirement gift and have us all together and create some memories. We had such a great time and it was so beautiful. We had a great break from our kids while Grandma and Grandpa Lewis had them for 8 days! They had such a good time and we are so grateful to them for watching the girls.

This was at a stream in our first port, Ketchikan, where thousands of Salmon were spawning up stream. It was very interesting to see and I love to watch fish, so it was a lot of fun.


Austin thought it would be fun to catch a salmon with his hand, so he went to the ledge a caught about 3 or 4. It was funny because the other tourists stopped and were taking pictures and filming him catch the fish.




Well, I have so many pic's and I will post more later on, but I thought I was doing good just updating my blog. We had a wonderful time in Alaska and it was so beautiful to see the glaciers and mountains, and the ocean. We saw whales, sea otters, bears, and lots of other amazing sights. I thank my Mom and Dad for giving us this amazing opportunity and we had so much fun with my family and brothers and sisters. I have memories that will really last forever and we will never forget our experience.

6 comments:

Rob Dog said...

Yea!! You are alive!! I was getting worried!! That looks like a blast!!! What a cool experience!! keep updating! It's been way too long!!

Amber said...

Buffy where are you priorities? Honestly! Looks like you had a lot of fun! Aren't you in Utah right now? I texted you, do you get text?

Karlee Turner said...

How fun Buff!! I'm glad you guys had such a good time...your parents are awesome! So...when do you go back home?? I thought we were going to get together....

Calli Hayman said...

Fun! My hubby loves fishing and wants to go to Alaska and i work with a girl that actually grew up there- so we're always saying we needa take a trip but it hasn't happened yet :o) looks like you had a blast though!

Lindsey, J.D. said...

Oooohh! That really does sound amazing. You guys look great and relaxed. What an awesome thing to be able to do! I'm just sad I couldn't be in Utah to help watch the girls. :(

Lindsay said...

Buffy wow that cruise looks awesome! What an awesome gift from your parents! I would love to do an Alaskan cruise. Okay I was wondering when you would update your blog!! I've been missing your updates :). So did you get the message I left on your parent's answering machine when you were in town? I was way bummed I had my work party the night you were all getting together. What are the odds of that. Next time I am in for sure, I would love to see you and your girls. Or even if I just dropped by during the day one day when I'm out at my moms. Anyway, let me know when you're coming again for sure.