Thursday, February 21, 2008

LICE! Awful, ugly little creatures.


Ok, I am really sorry, I really hate this post, but I have to share my experience with all of you. Today I was doing my normal Thursday routine.. took Tyler to pre-school and went back to work, I got an e-mail shortly after from her school "informing" the parents that one child from her pre-school has lice and to be assured that the other children will be checked and there will be a deep clean of the school this evening by a professional cleaning service etc, etc, etc. OK my first thought is, OH NO, does Tyler have lice? And then I thought, OH NO what if she is "the child" that has lice. So I got in my car to go pick Tyler up just dreading the words that my child is the one with the lice. Thankfully, Tyler was not "the one" with lice, nor does she currently have it, but it still totally freaks me out. I have been freaking out all day, washing everything, I made Tyler take a shower. I am checking her head like every hour for eggs or even lice. I read up on the interent what its all about, what to look for, and how to treat it. They are the ugliest little things and I dont know what I would do if I actually see them in her hair. Ok, ok, so maybe I am overreacting? Well, I really dont think so.. what would you do? Nothing, same thing I did, or more drastic measures? I am SURE this is only the beginnig of new worries/problems I will have now that my babies are getting older and going to school! Time to face the facts of life I guess. Its funny how your mind works though, because ever since I got that e-mail and I saw these things on-line, my head has been itching! How can you look at this pic of lice and your head not itch? Again, I am sorry to put you all through this, but I need support here.

5 comments:

Amber said...

First of that is so sick. I'm so glad Tyler doesn't have it! And yes, my head is iching, thanks a lot!

Robyn Reynolds said...

That is so gross. Those pictures are disgusting and yes, made my head ich. I know I will be such a freak if/when things like that happen to my kids. I am such a germ freak that I don't know how I am going to handle things.

Christie said...

OH NO! Thankfully, we never had lice at our house, but I laughed again remembering my good friend Joyce, who had the head lice thing several times with her 4 kids. Once it was toward the end of the summer and her 4th grader Carrie, unbeknownst to her mom, wrote her "what I did this summer" essay about the head lice incident and it was up on the board at parent conferences for ALL to read. She was MORTIFIED. So gross for them, so funny to me! Sorry, though.

Lindsey, J.D. said...

Ok that is just disgusting. I would be having nightmares and itching like crazy. I so hope I never have to deal with that, although I'm sure there will be scares, because I hear it's pretty bad. So just keep freaking out, what else can you do?? Good luck!!

Marci*Jake said...

That is so scary, I think I would freak out like you. I have no idea what to do for that. Good she doesn't have it.