Friday, February 8, 2008

My Friday Evening.. to MYSELF!

Ok, the kids are fed, bathed, brushed teeth and in bed! My kitchen is clean, my laundry is almost done and I have had a very productive day (work, cleaning, laundry, playng with my girls). Austin is in Tacoma tonight at his LAST wrestling meet (thank goodness, this single Mom crap is getting old), and wont be home until tomorrow... so what am I going to do?
I have a cold Mexican Coke (I saver them for special moments, since its a calorie filled treat), some chocolate and popcorn and I am getting into bed to watch my DVR shows; Survivor, Project Runway, and CSI. I am not doing anything while I watch TV tonight, not folding laundry, not cleaning my bathroom, not scratching my husbands back.... this evening is about me and me only. This is a very rare occurance, and even though I do miss Austin very much and I feel bad he works so hard, sometimes its sooooo nice to just be alone. I have my watch dog Amiga and the alarm system set, so I feel safe. You all have a great weekend and I am signing off now to do absolutly nothing and I can't wait!!

7 comments:

Amber said...

Oh how sometimes I want kids so bad but that post just reminded me of all of my luxaries. I tried to "fix" my blog for you...or did I make it worse?

Lindsey, J.D. said...

That's so cute Liz! A much deserved break, I'm sure. Hope you enjoyed it ... cuz I'm sure it didn't last long! ;)

Lauren said...

How are you!? So nice to hear from you. Your little family is beautiful. Can't beleive we have kids crazy isn't it?
Keep in touch!

Lauren

Jake*Marci said...

That sounds really nice I need to learn to do that. I have a lot of nights by myself too because Jake studies so much, but I never make it nice like that.

Christie said...

A rare treat for sure...hope you didn't fall asleep before you could actually enjoy it! Love you..Christie

Lindsay said...

Good for you Buff! Sounds nice!

Anonymous said...

BUFFY!!! Oh my gosh - I'm so glad you found me! It has been so long! Your girls are adorable! Sounds like you are doing great (and keeping busy!!). I'm so glad we can stay in touch now.